Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day...

Mother's Day is supposed to be a day of rest and relaxation for us hard working moms...

Why don't I ever get that!?

My first mother's day was in 2007, honestly I don't remember it at all but I was a single mom to a one year old so I'm 99% sure I didn't get any gifts...

The past 4 mother's day I have been home with the kids because I have a husband who works as a waiter....he pretty much works 11 am-late into the freaking night...BUT he always makes good money (Thank you to everyone who waits in those crazy lines just to take their mama out to lunch : ) )

My morning started out interesting...

8 am-Woke up with the kids(I cant believe I got to sleep this late!!)

10 am-I was waking up hubby for work(he worked until 1:30 am so I let him sleep in) and all of a sudden there was a loud BOOM outside...and the power went out

10:15 am-Check Duke Energy's website and they say we'll be out of power until 1:30 pm....so after hubby got ready for work in the dark I got myself and the kiddos ready and we headed out the door at about 11...sometime while getting ready my hubby handed me some money and told me to schedule a pedicure and buy some new capris (this is what I asked for...)

I met my best friend for some shopping at The Baby Grocery Store because I won a $25 gift card from them last week(Hell Yeah!) and got my littlest man a new cloth diaper(CD), a shamrock Bottom Bumper
 
I haven't used it yet but its adorable!
 
 
After the store we decided to go to lunch but since most every decent restaurant would be crowded we decided on Steak N Shake....bad idea..
 
We got there and it was PACKED but we were able to get a booth right away. We ordered our food, then waited at least 30 minutes before Jameson woke up and smelled like poop. I ran out to the car to change him only to notice that there were no wipes in my car(hubby had brought them in the house the other day) SO I found ONE wipe in a pack I had left in the front console and headed back inside to eat...but I wanted to wash my hands first so I handed little man to my friend so I could.
 
I came out the bathroom to my oldest SCREAMING, I ran over and he had HOT melted cheese all down his leg. An employee was trying to clean it while apologizing. We got him cleaned up and I then looked at what was supposed to be a plain double bacon cheeseburger on my plate but was actually a single cheeseburger with everything...and no joke a half strip of bacon. SO then I had to return my food and get my order but as we did that the employee brought Jeremy out a Oreo ice cream sandwich : )
 
 
We finished our meal and got the hell outta there!
 
 
We ran by my dad and step moms house to drop off her gift and took a few pictures (the boys didn't want to corporate...)
 
and then we stopped by my MIL's house to give her her gift....
 
then we went home to the power being back on (thanks goodness)
 
 
Today was hard for me today too because this is my 3rd mother's day without my mom. She passed away in 2010 and I still can't believe it sometimes. It kills me that she only ever got to meet one of her grandsons. I know she's here with us in spirit though....Happy Mother's Day Mom!
 
 



Today was a crazy day but it was fun....I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment